Tips I can vouch for:
- What to do with that last fiddly stitch when binding off. when knitting flat.
- Cat Bordhi demoing Judi’s Magic Cast On
- Knitting backwards – without twisting your stitches. I just don’t see the benefit if I have to remember to knit thru the back loop on the right side.
- Knitting in the round “Close the Gap”
- The Yarn Harlot’s (Stephanie Pearl McPhee) technique for tightening a baggy neckline .
- New sock heel everyone is raving about – the Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Sox Therapist. In my opinion, this is the best $1 you’ll ever spend if you knit socks.
- Weaving (knitting) in ends as you go
- Fix a multi-row hole in knitting tutorial from Patty Lyon.
I haven’t tried these but want to share them anyhow:
- More complicated knitting backwards demo which has multiple stitch types
- Patty Lyon’s Seaming a set in sleeve. This has been recommended by several Yarniacs.
- Fixing German Short Rows video by Roxeanne Richardson.
- Swatch for knitting in the round. This technique doesn’t end result in long floats in the back.
- Brilliant idea for trying on a top down sweater while it’s still on the needles. If you’re using interchangeable needles, use your cable connector to add a second cable. Once you’ve tried it on, slide stitches back to access the connector, remove the second cable and reattach the needle. Now to remember this.